Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Home Sweet Home

We are back from our babymoon, and we had a GREAT time!  The weather was wonderful, the resort was gorgeous, the food delicious and the relaxation plentiful.  Yet oddly, I'm happy to be home -- despite the laundry piles in our hallway and 1,000 emails no doubt waiting for me at work tomorrow.  I'm not usually one to relish returning home, especially after a heavenly escape from the frigid temperatures and never-ending snow that's been beating NYC for the past several months.  I've been known to try to extend our vacations on more than one occasion -- okay, every occasion.  I even once threatened to hide in the hotel closet when we were in Mexico several years ago and not come out until we missed our flight.  And I'll admit, when we found out that our flight home today was delayed by an hour, a small part of me wondered if it would be cancelled altogether and we'd get to stay another day!

But the truth is, I'm relieved to be home.  Now that I'm in my third trimester -- and certainly feeling like it -- I'm glad to be back home to my own bed, close to my doctors and a world class hospital.  Hopefully nothing will go wrong from here on out, and our little baby will stay snug inside me until s/he is "fully cooked", but just in case the unexpected happens, it's a good feeling to know that I'm home and just a few miles away from the excellent medical care I would need.
Source
Temperatures and lack of pool-side virgin cocktails aside, there's really no place like home.  ;)  Upon seeing the Empire State Building during our taxi ride home from the airport, I involuntarily breathed a little sigh of relief.  Plus, we have real NY pizza being delivered for dinner any minute, so that's a pretty good perk of being home too!

Of course I plan to write a post all about our trip, from favorite meals to funny quotes {there were some doosies!}, but just don't have the energy to do that tonight!

I hope you all had a lovely week, and I look forward to catching up with you!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful trip and made it home safe and sound! I can't wait to hear all about it! Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allie! It was a great trip, and can't wait to share some details of our favorite meals and funny quotes from random people who love commenting to pregnant bellies. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh yay for a fantastic babymoon! I cannot wait to see your pictures and hear how much fun you guys had! And yes, there really is no place like home. But I do know that feeling of wanting to hide in the closet at the hotel, myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha -- I'm glad I'm not the only one in the "hide in the hotel closet to extend the vacation" camp. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...