Friday, August 28, 2015

We're Baaaaaaaaack!

Hello?  Anyone still out there???  I wouldn't be surprised if all I heard in response was an echo, echo, echo, echo....

We've been MIA.  Big time.  There have been soooo many times over the past few months that I've wanted to blog, but I just couldn't find the time!  A LOT has happened:

Emily Turned 1!
We had a big party for her!
We've taken a few trips out of town
Emily was sick for several days
thanks to the Coxsackie virus :(
And she also got several new teeth!
(including molars.... ouchie!)

All in all it's been a b-u-s-y summer.  Between a super-active toddler, work caving in on me, personal & family commitments up the wazoo, I've totally dropped the blogging ball.  The truth is though, I really miss it!!!!  So, I'm making an attempt to get back in the saddle!

I started this blog for a few different reasons, one of which was to document our little one's life.  And the quicker the days speed by, the more important it is for me to try to capture some of these ever-fleeting moments.  I'd prefer to be able to "pause" time at will, but in the absence of that superpower, the next best thing is to collect bits and pieces of this crazy ride called life.


4 comments:

  1. Hellooooo!!!! So glad you're back blogging! I've been stalking (er, following) your other pics, though ;) Can't believe how big Emily is getting -- where have our little babies gone?! There is no way they are already in their teens (well, in months, that is!). Sounds like you guys have had a crazy busy summer, and looks like it was a lot of fun (except for the sick part....and probably the molars..ouch!!). Emily is growing into such a sweet, smart little girl, and it's so fun to share the ride with you! I wish I was good at documenting A&A's milestones....it's all been a blur! I am going to have to go back and look at FB posts or photos to see when they first started getting teeth, etc. I do know that Ashton started crawling in a hotel room in NM on our way to AZ, and Avery started about a month later...so I'm kinda okay with that one ;) I totally understand how it is to try and carve out some free time for "extras"....just glad to see you blogging whenever you can! We're heading to the beach in a few weeks (yay!!), so it'll be an adventure! (We have the same long-sleeved swim outfit that Em is wearing in her pic....great minds think alike, right?!) haha! Take care and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooooo!!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!! You are not kidding -- these babes are getting TOO big TOO fast!! It's funny to think they're in their "teen" months.... it's true though!! All the "Time Hop" pics on my phone of Em as a newborn seem like FOREVER ago when I compare her photos then to now!! I'm sure you feel the same way!

      I'm impressed that you remember when A&A started crawling from memory.... if I didn't record everything, I'd NEVER remember! I have a beautiful baby book that I've been meaning to write everything down in, but alas, the pages are mostly still empty... :(

      That long-sleeved swim outfit is the best!!! Perfect for avoiding sand in secret places and sunburn too!! I look forward to seeing some beach pics in a few weeks!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm glad I decided to pop in because I'm excited for a new post from you !! Lovely pictures of sweet Emily. One is such a fun age. Owen is 8 months old today and now has 2 teeth and is crawling. Hard to believe how fast they grow up. Keep these posts coming!!! I smile when I see this sweet face of Emily light up the screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel!!!! I've missed you! Owen is already 8 months?!?!?!?! WOW!!!!! That went super fast!!! 2 teeth and crawling sounds like sooooo much fun!! These kiddos grow WAY too quickly!!! We have to soak up all the baby memories, because the real moments just fly by!

      Thank you so much for following, and saying hi, and being so sweet and supportive!! Emily says hi back :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...