Wednesday, July 23, 2014

2 Months New!!

Guess who is 2 months old, and adorable as ever!!


All About Emily:
  • Salivary glands and tear ducts are in full working order; she now sheds baby tears when she cries (breaks my heart!) and blows spit bubbles like crazy!
  • Hair gets more wispy by the day; I love how it goes up my nose and tickles my face when I hold her up on my shoulder.
  • Speaking of holding her on my shoulder, she has such great upper body strength that she now flexes her torso to hold herself completely upright instead of leaning against my shoulder..... and she looks like a cute baby cobra when she does!
  • Her hands are now uncurled most of the time, and she loves holding on to her burp cloth, my tank straps, and my fingers.  Her grip is quite strong!!
  • Her legs are also strong!  She loves "standing up" (with a little support under her arms of course)!
  • Poor baby recently had some eczema and little acne, which thankfully has mostly cleared up.
  • Likes singing the "Hokey Pokey" and "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" with Mommy.
  • Loves burying her face in the crook of Daddy's elbow to fall asleep when he's cuddling her.
  • Enjoys looking at crib mobile and in mirrors at her reflection.
  • Her face is starting to thin out a little, and I think she's starting to look a little more like me but maybe that's just wishful thinking.  ;)
  • She holds her head up nice and high when put on her tummy!  ... Until she decides to roll onto her back when she gets tired of tummy time after a couple minutes.
  • She follows toys and our faces from side to side if we move around the room.
  • Smiles all the time and does a wide-mouthed silent laugh that we just adore.
  • Kicks her legs up in the air when put on her back.  I've also seen her touch her hands to her feet during diaper changes!
  • Makes a ton of cooing sounds, and has started to have "conversations" with us.
  • Loves when I stick my tongue out at her; she has recently discovered her own tongue which she now sticks out too.
  • Sleeps slightly longer at night.  She recently slept for a record duration of 6 hours & 23 minutes on July 20th, with a total sleep amount for that day of 15 hours & 56 minutes!!  Though it was an anomaly, we'll take it!  ;)  Typically though, she's been sleeping one long stretch of ~ 4/4.5 hours per night, with an average sleep total of 13-14 hours a day
  • Cranky time after last "nap" of day (usually around 8 pm) until she goes to sleep for the night (usually around 10-11pm)
  • Has such long legs that she's already outgrown most of her 3 month-sized footie pajamas!
  • Weighs 11 lbs 11 ounces (as of 7/21)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...