Thursday, July 31, 2014

Newborn Necessities

I'm sure this list is different for every mom and baby, but I wanted to share a quick list of several items that have helped keep our household semi-sane throughout the first 2 months.  In no particular order:

  • Cloth diapers for use as burp cloths {you can't have too many of these, as they are super absorbent!}
  • Aiden & Anais muslin swaddle blankets {light, breathable and multi-purpose -- can be used for swaddling, as a blanket, stroller shade, nursing cover}
  • Footed pajamas with hand covers {to keep those tiny tootsies warm and to prevent Emily Scissorhands from scratching the heck out of herself while she sleeps}
  • Hand mittens {those little nails are sharp I tell you!}
  • Sleep Sheep {ahhh, white noise}
  • Fisher Price Rock 'n Play {the only thing we can get her to sleep in for long stretches of time}
  • Baby Connect app {super handy for tracking feedings, diapers, sleep and medical info!}
  • Boppy newborn lounger {she snoozed in this on the couch next to us a lot during the first few weeks home}
  • Glider / Nursing Chair {I've spent a lot of time feeding this little one, so a comfy place to sit is a must!  Here is the model I have, which I've been happy with.}
  • Swing {This is the one we have but there are numerous different sizes and price points out there}
There are lots of other items that have come in handy during different times as well, but these are all items that we use on a daily basis and I feel have really helped make things easier.

Moms out there --- what is/was your favorite newborn necessity???

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post! It's been so long since I've had a newborn that I feel like a brand new mom all over again! I've forgotten a lot of things, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was helpful! Though I'm sure everything will come back to you like second nature once your little baby arrives!! :)

      Delete
  2. Here's my list:

    Booze
    Tissues
    Pillows
    34 metric tons of baby wipes
    a live-in pediatrician (just in case)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...