Sunday, July 13, 2014

7 Weeks New!!!!!!!

We've had 7 wonderful weeks getting to know our little girl!  Each day is a whole new adventure, seeing the world through her beautiful blue eyes.  Her head and neck control are getting stronger by the day, she is more and more alert all the time, and is making all kinds of cute new little sounds daily.  She LOVES to laugh, albeit silently, and when her mouth opens into that big open smile, my heart skips a beat.  Here are some recent photos of the little goober.... look at those cheeks!!  She's my 11 pound mush pie and I could just eat her up!







Her new skill this week is touching her hands to her feet during diaper changes!  She also got sooooo close to getting her tiny little thumb into her mouth, but couldn't quite figure out how to unclench her fist enough.  Ironically, she managed to accidentally get her little pointer finger stuck up her nose for a second yesterday.  ;)  When I hold her over my shoulder, she wraps her arm around my arm tightly to hang on to me, almost like she's hugging me!  She also has a tendency to open her mouth and attack my face when she gets excited.... I am pretty sure she's trying to eat me but I like to pretend she's giving me smooches.

We've been working on her napping schedule and I'm proud to say that we are making some progress!  Not only did we reach 13-14 hours of sleep per day 4 days this week, but she's slept 4-5 hour stretches at night for 6 nights in a row now!  Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself...  ;) 

50 days of Emily in my life . . . so thankful for my little sweetie!

2 comments:

  1. She is such a precious blessing! I Love these updates.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...