Tuesday, September 23, 2014

4 Months Young!!!!


All About Emily At 4 Months:

  • Is now a master at rolling from her back onto her tummy, which to date she's been doing exclusively via her right side.  Just in the past day or two though she has started attempting to roll to the left!
  • Is desperate to start crawling -- every time she's placed on her play mat she immediately rolls to her tummy and starts "swimming" while grunting because she isn't getting anywhere.
  • Has laughed aloud 5-6 times now, mostly all as a result of her father's fine comedy!  The first time I ever heard her laugh was when she and I were home alone, but all the other times have been at Daddy's shenanigans!  Each time she laughs, I get weepy -- it's honestly one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard.
  • Shoves her hands in her mouth all. day. long. {thanks to teething!}!  And, as luck would have it, she always absolutely HAS to have the hand you're trying to insert into her arm sleeve while dressing her in her mouth at that very moment.
  • Loves standing and sitting up with help.  We bought her a new chair that she can sit up in but she isn't quite sure how she feels about it yet....


  • Has started holding her little fists in a different position -- Shep and I call them her lobster claws.  It's hard to describe but she sort of turns her clenched hands together so that her inner wrists almost touch one another.  I'm thinking it might be the precursor to her being able to grasp things better.
  • She's always let out little sighs when she yawns, but over the past month those sighs have gotten LOUD!  When I'm trying to put her to sleep and she yawns her super loud yawn I can't help but giggle -- it's so funny to hear such a large moan come out of a little girl!
  • The dimple in her left cheek is getting more pronounced and I think I might have seen the start of a dimple in the right cheek too!
  • Is currently in the middle of the so-called 4 month wakeful period.  She's never been a superstar napper, but even night sleep is not our friend these days.  It's a good thing she's cute, because nothing else would get me up out of bed at 1 am, 3 am, 5 am and 7 am.  :)
  • Approaching 15 pounds!  We'll find out her updated weight, length and head size at her visit next week, but last week she weighed in at over 14.5 lbs so I think 15 lbs isn't too far off!
  • Wearing mostly size 3 months and 6 months clothing, though she's nearly outgrown her 6 month footie pajamas!  Still wearing Size 3 diapers.
  • Her "biscuit" feet measure almost 4 inches long by 1 7/8 inches wide.  I just want to eat them! Speaking of eating her feet, Emily tries to do this daily.  It's adorable to watch as she strains to pull her foot towards her mouth with her hand -- I think her chubby thighs get in the way sometimes!  When I fake-eat her feet while I'm changing her diaper she gets all smiley.  Little cutie pie!  This foot-eating makes changing her diapers and clothes a little but of a struggle though!  Such a little goober.
  • She is incredibly strong.  When she gets a grip on my hair or my shirt it takes all my might to un-clench her little fists!  She also has a tendency to try to dive off my lap when she sees something interesting and it takes both hands for me to hold onto her.  She's strong-willed and physically strong.
Source
I am thankful every single day for the time, love, and cuddles I get to share with Emily.  I am beyond grateful to be her mommy.  Even on days that I'm tired or frustrated about something {I'm talking about you, reflux!}, all it takes is a smile from my sweetheart to make everything seem brighter!




3 comments:

  1. Your words ,stories and photos just fill me up with pride and joy! Life is good...or New Life is Better!
    Em is a very special baby and so blessed to have S&N loving parents.
    Her personality is shinning through already- the determination, the playfulness, interest in everything and even willfulness! I am so happy to get to know her !

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious!!! Getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...