Thursday, May 7, 2015

49 Weeks Young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These photos are getting harder and harder to capture because this lady is constantly on the move, and NOT a fan of her paparazzi mother.  ;)  But I managed to snap this one, which I love!

Emily began her 49th week off great!  She started an impromptu game of "Hide & Seek" with me while I was sorting laundry in our closet, and thought she was absolutely hysterical for sneaking up on me!  She spotted me through the glass panes of our door, and didn't think I saw her.  She crawled super fast toward me from the dining room with a huge smile on her face, and then got very slow and quiet as she neared the door.  She paused for a minute and then quickly moved her head around the door and busted out laughing, as if to say "Boo!".  I started cracking up -- it was adorable!

On 4/24 she slept for 7 hours (+ 8 minutes to be precise!) overnight, from 11:10pm until 6:18am!  What a shock, especially because in the afternoon she kept biting everything in sight and her nose was running all over the place, so I thought for sure it was going to be another "teething" night.  The sleep streak continued the following day when she took a 1 hour and 20 minute nap, whoa nelly!!!  Shep and I just stared at the monitor in disbelief.... she NEVER naps that long!

We started looking at convertible car seats and also picked up some 1st birthday goodies -- yikes, it’s coming up waaaaaay too quickly!

Emily had another successful swim class, and a playdate with her friend Nora, who is a year older.  It's funny how a year is such a huge difference in sizing, skills and personalities in small children!  It was so cute seeing the two of them interact with/ignore one another.

This week, Emily showed off her new-found bopping/dancing skills while sitting on her playmat playing with a toy that makes music.  It was so cute to see her bumping up and down to the tune.  I may be biased, but this girl has rhythm! I think she gets it from me.  ;)

Unfortunately, poor Em ended her week on a low note.  She caught a horrific stomach bug and was vomiting all over the place.  She couldn't keep ANYTHING down and ended up getting temporarily mildly dehydrated.  Poor kiddo almost had to go to the ER for some IV fluids, but we *luckily* managed to avoid that by the skin of our teeth.  It was so upsetting to see her so ill, but she handled it like a champ, as usual.  Even the pediatrician commented on "how playful" she was for being so ill.  That's my girl!
"I think I can sneak right by Mommy without her even knowing....
Oh wait.... I'm stuck.....Won't give up.... Keep squirming..."
My Sweet Angel
Carseat Model
P.S. -- Look who {sometimes} wears shoes now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, such a fun girl you've got there. Full of personality! I'm sorry she got so sick, but pleased that she handled it so well. I cannot believe she is almost a year old!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has SO much personality! It's so funny that she's so small, but has a full-fledged personality already! I can't wait to see how her personality and interests develop as she grows!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...