Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Royal Baby

In case you haven't heard, it's a boy!  Being a hopeless romantic, I've been following Will and Kate's love story over the past several years with the rest of the tabloid-reading population.  It's not just their fame, fortune and royal standing that attracts my attention... I am intrigued by how truly in love I believe them to be.  Against the odds, and despite much external interference, a "commoner" and a real live price fell in love and got married.

It's likely that others of you out there, like me, believe actual love for one another should be the basis for and of all marriages.  Unfortunately, and especially in the crazy world of celebrities, it seems that's not always the case.  These two, on the other hand, appear genuinely in love with one another.  I don't know for sure that they are, but it consistently appears so from the outside.

I respect the fact that they took their time dating before walking down the aisle and that they've taken strides to retain some normalcy in their very privileged lives and to ensure the protection of their private time together, and I love that they seem to only have eyes for one another when they're together in public despite the millions of eyes and numerous cameras that follow them.  By historical royal standards, they've even taken their time to adjust together as royal newlyweds before heading down the road to parenthood.  It seems the wait was very worthwhile.

Source
Source
The happiness and excitement displayed on their faces as they introduced their new baby boy to the world today was absolutely beautiful to see.  They don't look like royalty.  They don't appear to be anything other than a couple of glowing new parents enamored with their little one.  As they should be.  I can only imagine how relieved, joyful and hopeful the Duke and Duchess are about their new arrival.

As I've come to intimately understand over the last several months, having a baby is a true blessing that should not be taken for granted.  It is one of the most important moments in life, and they are so lucky to be able to share this experience with one another.  I would give anything to have a similar photo featuring my husband and me as new parents with our own baby.  I dream of and try to remain hopeful that one day we'll have the opportunity to embark on a new journey together, as a family of 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...