Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Check-Ins

{Pardon the back-dating; I started to write this blog post on May 20th but never got the chance to publish it!}

Our friends and family are SO enthusiastic about the arrival of this little one.  A few in particular are so excited, that I'm hearing from them on a daily basis.  I honestly love that they care, and very much appreciate the support and encouragement!  But if I'm being 100% honest, some of the daily "any news yet?" check-ins  from people who know they are on our contact list -- ahem, mom! -- are starting to make me a bit anxious.  For one thing, my due date hasn't even come yet.... I don't know why everyone else is in such a rush to get this baby out of me while I'm content to wait until the baby is good and ready.  And secondly, it's not like we're going to accidentally forget to let our immediate families know that a baby has arrived!  I'm trying not to get frustrated by the constant check-ins.  Since laughter is the best medicine for many emotional ailments, each time I get a text asking whether I've had the baby yet I'm going to focus all my energy on humor...


I need to look into whether it's possible to set up an auto-response text message pointing to:  http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/   {<---- Click the link}

;)

Happy Waiting to Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...